The next Compass Awards will open for submissions soon and the category descriptions and applications will be available here.
The RBA launched the Compass Awards in 2018 for member companies, their suppliers and factories. This awards program recognizes recognize responsible business conduct excellence across three categories: Leadership, Innovation, and Implementation.
The goals of these awards are to:
- Recognize efforts in the supply chain that lead to meaningful, positive change in line with the RBA's vision and mission
- Serve as examples of successful actions that other companies can emulate
Submissions are reviewed by an independent panel of judges from outside of the RBA and finalists are honored at an awards ceremony, where the winners of each category are revealed and presented with their Compass Awards.
RBA 2020 Compass Awards Winners:
- Leadership Winner: Applied Materials – Applied Materials Sustainability Vision, Framework and 2030 Goals
- Innovation Winner: AMD – AMD 25x20 Energy Efficiency Initiative for Mobile Computing
- Implementation Winner: Flex – Mitigating Ergonomic Risks Through Automation and Enhanced Visibility
RBA 2019 Compass Awards Winners:
- Leadership Winner: Dell – Accelerating the Circular Economy with Rare Earths Minerals
- Innovation Winner: Volvo Car Group – Pioneering Complete Traceability For Cobalt Used In Electric Vehicles
- Implementation Winner: Microsoft – Climate Change Leadership Through Collaboration and Capacity Building
RBA 2018 Compass Awards Winners:
- Leadership Winner: Intel – Eliminating Forced Labor in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Supply Chain
- Innovation Winner: Dell – Innovatively Creating Value From Waste Using Sustainable Materials
- Implementation Winner: Jabil – The Jabil Family Looks After Your Family
View case studies from the winners and finalists in 2019 here.
View case studies from the winners and finalists in 2018 here.